Dear students, scholars and researchers
Greetings from the Centre for Innovation in Medical Engineering (CIME), University of Malaya!
We have extended our full paper submission deadline to 31st July 2017 and will be organizing the conference in conjuction with the 10th Asia Pacific Conference on Medical Device and Biological Engineering (APCMBE2017). Newly included is the Asia Pacific Medical Device Design Competition sponsored by IFMBE.
Call for Papers: 2nd Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences (ICIBEL2017)
It is our pleasure to invite you to submit papers to the 2nd International Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences (ICIBEL2017), 10-13 December 2017, Penang Malaysia, organized by the Centre for Innovation in Medical Engineering (CIME), University of Malaya and co-organized by the Malaysian Society of Medical and Biological Engineering (MSMBE).
The full paper submission deadline has been extended to 31st July 2017
This conference is endorsed by International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE, USA). IFMBE Proceedings is published by Springer and indexed by ISI Proceedings (Thomson Reuters), Scopus, Scimago and Google scholar.
The ICIBEL2017 conference aims to promote the latest researches and developments related to the integration of the Engineering technology in medical fields and life sciences. The conference will consist of keynote lectures, 4 parallel symposiums with invited and contributed oral presentations as well as forums by the invited speakers. The symposiums are:
- Symposium on Medical Devices & Clinical Healthcare
- Symposium on Biomechanics, Ergonomics & Rehabilitation
- Symposium on Telemedicine & Point of Care Healthcare Solutions
- Symposium on Biosensing & Life Sciences
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers on topics covered by the above symposium.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be indexed by ISI-Web of Science and will be part of the IFMBE Proceedings series, published by Springer. Extended versions of selected papers presented at the conference will be considered for publication in the Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing (MBEC) Journal (ISI, Q2, JCR2016). CPD points awarded by Board of Engineers Malaysia to the participant of this conference.
Three parallel workshops, (i) Electrical Safety on Medical Location and (ii) Biosensors, will be conducted on the 10th of December.
Registration fee (only for presenter) includes the submission and presentation of maximum two papers.
Full paper submission deadline: August 15, 2017 (Final extended deadline)
Final submission for the Medical Device Competition: August 31, 2017
Notification of acceptance: September 30, 2017
Final author’s registration: October 31, 2017
Workshop: December 10, 2017
Conference Dates: December 11 – 13, 2017
Early Bird Discount Deadline: October 31, 2017
- IFMBE Young Investigator Award
- Best Paper in Medical Innovation
- Best Paper in Life Sciences
- Best Paper in Engineering
- Best Presenter
Asia Pacific Medical Device Design Competition
Open for application from undergraduate and/or postgraduate students. 6 finalist will be selected with travel grant up to USD1000 sponsored by IFMBE. Prizes will be awarded to the 6 finalist. Submission Deadline: 15 October 2017
List of confirmed speakers include:
- Chancellor’s Prof. Marc Madou (University of California, Irvine)
- Prof. Toshiyo Tamura (Waseda University)
- Prof. James Goh Cho Hong (President of Biomedical Engineering Society (Singapore)/ President of IFMBE.
- Prof. Nitish Thakor (Director of the Singapore Institute for Neurotechnology, SiNAPSE)
- Prof. Dr. Vickneswaran A/l Mathaneswaran (Neurosurgeon, University Malaya)
- Prof Chandra Shekar Sharma (IIT of Hyderabad)
- Prof Zaidi Mohd Ripin (Director of The Vibration Lab, School of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Assoc Prof Dr Anis Nurashikin Nordin (IIUM)
- Assoc Prof Dr Zamri Radzi (University Malalay)
- Mr Maziar Zarrehparvar (MicrobeDx Inc. USA)
- Mr Zamane ABdul Rahman (Medical Device Authority, Ministry of Health)
- Mr Ahmad SHarif Hambali (Medical Device Authority, Ministry of Health)
For more information please refer to the attached brochure or visit ICIBEL2017 website: http://cime.my/icibel-2017/
We look forward to having you with us in Penang
Prof Ir Dr Fatimah Ibrahim